How do I get started and on to better eating habits? Have you asked yourself this before? This is something that has to be figured out in order to get going in the right direction. If you don’t figure out a plan, plain and simple it won’t stick. Eating habits are formed just like any ol’ habit, and it has to start and be molded to your liking. This is about you, ya know?? It won’t turn into a habit if you don’t like it- you won’t do it! Won’t even give it a thought or it will be one that will fade quickly, and it won’t be a become a habit because it was never formed. See the cycle?? Forming a GOOD habit takes months. And practice.
The definition of a habit is a settled or regular tendency or practice, especially one that is hard to give up. Well we can’t live without eating (that’s pretty hard to give up) and we won’t live very long if our habits aren’t at least decent. Create a LIFESTYLE that you LOVE!
Heart disease, diabetes, stroke, and high blood pressure are on the rise, and that’s just to name a few, and as the saying goes – you are what you eat and what you eat will determine the longevity of your life. Plain and simple.
I have heard how expensive it is to eat decent. Use coupons, shop seasonal produce, shop for sales. If you want it bad enough, I promise- you will find a way. I have heard how much will power it takes. I have heard how hard it is period. The hard part is training your mind and keeping it positive. But how hard is it to think that you may not be here for your child(ren) and their future? Well to find out the actual worth of your goal, here is how to get started and make it count!
8 Steps to Start Clean Eating Without Hang-ups
1. Pinpoint your reason ‘why.’ Ask yourself why exactly you want to do this. What is giving you the thought to clean up your eating habits and why? Are they enough to make you want to create a new LIFESTYLE? Make it a journey, an exciting adventure, acquire new cooking skills, recipes, and teach your children. Another promise, they will follow your lead. Make it fun. They will add a lot of fun. The stories my son brings home from the Elementary School lunch ladies and their conversations are hilarious!
2. Determine how much time you’re willing to commit. Make it a short goal. Make it a long goal- combined of short goals, but decide how long you are willing to commit to this decision.
3. Do a thorough audit of your current diet. Write down what goes into your body for at least a week. Good or bad, it’s just to give you an idea and make you aware of what it is you’re consuming on a regular basis.
4. Choose your targets wisely. Don’t start too much too fast. Takes one step at a time, one item at a time, one day at a time, one week at a time. Do this for a month and see how much you accomplish. You are in control of your journey and your destiny. You decide. No one is making you do this, you have to want to…
5. Make your goals specific and measurable. If you are going to do it, make it count. Need an accountability partner? Don’t have one? Message me. ALWAYS keep your goals in sight. Use a planner, app, or tracker, and an accountability partner (helps tons) and surprise yourself with the ability of your own strength. Track your progress, take pictures, measurements, and see the difference with your own eyes. You are stronger than you think!
6. Shop with a purpose. Make a menu. Do some research for recipes. Keep it interesting and delicious. There’s no set menu in stone. Follow the plan – no processed foods, no refined food, no sugar, eat lean meats. The basics- stick to them. Remember that surely doesn’t mean boring. Jazz up your meals and snacks. Make people jealous of your healthy ideas. Make a list and prepare a plan. Fail to plan, plan to fail. It’s amazing how planning takes you so much further with your new eating lifestyle! And yes, will be amazed with yourself..
7. Meal prep now, eat healthy when it counts, and watch the new you form. Watch the sluggishness fade and the energy levels go up! Have you ever heard anyone pass up extra energy? I haven’t…
8. Reward yourself!! Make sure you reward yourself accordingly. Don’t eat 6 donuts celebrating your victory and take away your success. Fulfill your rewards with positivity towards your new goal and positive results will stay around. Make it count!
You LIFESTYLE speaks milestones about your health. What does your lifestyle say about you? Are you ready for a change? I don’t know about you, but I am. Let do this together! Ready or not HEALTHY —> HERE WE COME! Let’s get started…